Section 1. An interview with a resident about properties in her city.
Section 2. Facts on how to obtain a diving license in the UK including traffic features in some cities.
Section 3. Two students were talking about how to deter elephant herds from attacking Kenyan villages.
Section 4. Features of a course on food technology.
Passage 2. About certain techniques helping people cope with stress. Also about attitudes positive versus negative and its influence on health.
Passage 3. New aspects of research on children’s literature.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram showing how coal is transformed into electricity.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries there are people with extremely high income. Some say it is good for the country, while others claim that governments should limit salaries. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– How long have you been living there?
– Which is your favourite room? Why?
– What is your favourite colour? Why?
– What do you think about wearing bright colours?
– What is the best colour to paint house walls? Why?
– Is the colour of a car important to you?
Talk about a job that is important in your country. Please say
– What is the job?
– Why is it so important?
– What do you have to study for that job?
– What makes a job desirable?
– At what age should people start a full-time job? Why?
– Why can it be good to spend some time abroad after graduation?
– Why do you think many people leave their country to work abroad?
– Is it good for a country if it receives many immigrants?
– Some people think that immigrants cause more harm than good. What is your opinion?